Robert Adams talking to Tyler Green

lovely long interview with robert adams. he's 78 now and can't get out much to photograph so he's photographing his loungeroom and clouds from the balcony.  there's something really touching about that. he swore he'd never photograph clouds.

he has this to say:

"I feel ill at ease with what I see going on in the art world around me... there's not much that lifts the spirit for me. Jasper Johns and artists of that ilk seem to me to have asked too little of themselves in terms of substance. The art world as it is currently before us seems to be the other side of capitalism as a religion; namely a mixture of presumption, vulgarity, cruelty and vacuity."

tyler green is so good at interviewing artists;  he's actually really listening and he gets it.

No comments: